Front Office / Night Audit Job guarantee!Full free educational program & Internship
This is an internship in The Netherlands that would be ideal for a want to be Cook and current culinary student.
92 Work Locations
Amsterdam, The Hague, Eindhoven, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Maastricht, Dutch Islands, Veluwe.
The Front Desk (receptionist) manages all operational activities of the hotel’s Front Desk (Front Desk/ Night Audit). Communicates effectively in writing and verbally to provide direction to staff. Observes performance and encourages improvement. Trains, supervises,...
In heel Nederland zijn wij op zoek naar enthousiaste en gemotiveerde kandidaten, die met behoud van hun uitkering een opleiding tot beveiliger willen volgen. Binnen 9 maanden is het mogelijk om het MBO-2 diploma beveiliging te behalen! Na het behalen van je diploma...
What do we provide?
- Free education for you! The Hospitality Company takes the costs of € 7.000,- per person,
- 4,5 months education program at the HRC Culinary Academy in Sofia Bulgary,
- Internship of 8 months in a High-End Hotel nationwide in the Netherlands,
- Free housing and food during education and internship,
- + expenses compensation during internship €250 a month,
- A project in collaboration with the European Union (EURES) and the Dutch government,
- Needed travel expenses,
- Working clothes and shoes,
- Netflix account,
- Emergency course online,
- Dutch course online,
- Sport facilities,
- International Associate Degree, recognized by the European Union and the USA,
- After graduation a full-time year contract of 38 hours a week with a salary of € 1.800 gross per month.
What will I be doing?
A Cook is responsible for contributing to menu creation, managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent guest and member experience while managing food cost controls.
A Cook will also be required to manage food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
- Checks and maintains coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food products
- Requisitions food with necessary approvals according to policy
- Takes proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment
- Prepares and properly garnishes all food orders in accordance with menu specifications under the guidance of the Cook
- Ensures that buffets and pantry stations are set for forecasted covers, reservations and special functions
- Serves food that is safe to eat
- Follows facility’s safe food-handling guidelines
- Cleans and Sanitizes work area according to cleaning schedule
- Works as a team member to maintain pleasant work environment
- Comes to work on time
- Is not absent from work excessively
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Reports to work dressed according to the dress-code
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing The Hospitality Company experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Performs other duties as required by Management to provide 100% guest satisfaction and genuine hospitality to our guests.
- Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- High school diploma or a higher education
- You must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
- Experience in a similar position within an upscale environment is preferred with a knowledge of high volume kitchen operations
- Ability to follow standardized recipes and plate presentation
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Good attention to detail, must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with department managers, team members and guests
- Must possess a strong team spirit
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to hear equipment, timers, etc…
- Ability to see and to check quality and portion sizes
- Ability to work in extreme conditions like freezers and kitchens, occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, Hot surfaces, steam, wet floors, hot grease, and water
- Good dexterity to handle equipment (knives, slicers, mixers, pots, pans, other sharps objects, electrical shocks, etc…)
- The individual frequently does heavy lifting transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction
- Ability to communicate with employees and guests
Schedule: Full-time 38 hours a week
Brand: The Hospitality Company B.V.
Shift: Full Availability (mo-su)
Job Level: Team Member
Job: Hotel / Hospitality / Kitchen Staff / Cook
Expenses compensation during education and internship: €250,- per month.
After graduation, rights as an employee: €1800,- gross per month.
All the details are regulated by the Dutch law. For more details check;
Full Professional Certificate Culinary Arts.
For this education The Hospitality Company has a partner, the “HRC Academy” in Sofia. All programs at HRC Academy are taught in English. HRC Academy has been established in 2008 and is fully accredited both in Bulgaria as well as with the ACF – American Culinary Federation.
The program sequence is as follow:
- Part 1: On campus training at HRC Academy in Sofia, duration 2,5 months + housing/food
- Part 2: Practical internship in the Netherlands, organized by The Hospitality Company, duration 8 months (incl. 4 weeks holiday + housing/food)
- Part 3: Again on campus training at HRC Academy in Sofia, duration 2 months + housing/food
- Part 4: Graduation fort he Full Professional Certificate Culinary Arts.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, genetic information or other protected class. Our locations are drug-free.
Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in The Netherlands will not be considered.
Interested?! Talk with a Recruiter to Setup an Interview
Contact our HR Manager Miss Maaike Nibbelke
Mobile phone: +31 6 41103099